Search Our Recipes & Nutrition Information

Welcome To A Healthier Me

Welcome to my new blog. I've never blogged before, so this is certainly going to be a journey for both of us! I am praying this blog is a great avenue to encourage out friends and family to start a new journey toward a healthier lifestyle.  I am very passionate about maintaining a healthy lifestyle...but looking at my waistline you wouldn't be able to tell.  I eat fairly healthy, but love sweets and am an overeater at my core, but that is all changing!

Almost 11 years ago I was diagnosed with Poly Cystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) which is an endocrine disorder.  Most people see the word "ovarian" and assume it's some type of fertility issue which is not true, although it has affected my fertility.  It is a syndrome that affects my insulin & blood sugar levels as well as hormone levels and very easily puts my body in a tailspin. Over the past 11 years I have spent my time being angry, wondering why I can't just be normal and feeling sorry for myself.  I have tried so many diets and exercise routines that I never followed through on. I've spent countless hours in doctors offices, undergoing procedures and wasting away our family finances on medications that have done nothing except made me feel worse.  

So I have made a very important decision to become my own healthcare advocate. No, I'm not going to start eating tree bark or become a tree-hugging hippie, but I am going to start researching, taking classes & making better, healthier decisions for myself & my body.  I have vowed that my daughter will not be the unhealthy, disease ridden, fat child in school. She will be able to learn from my mistakes and make healthy choices for herself.  My husband will be proud of the woman he married (I know he already is) and all that she has accomplished.  Together we will become a healthier, happier & more cohesive family as we continue to serve God and educate ourselves and others on His beautiful creation....the human body.

I'll regularly be posting Nutrition articles and information to help educate us all on the types of food available for us as well as things to be watchful for.  I love to cook and plan on trying many new recipes that will offer us healthier alternatives to our favorites as well as some great staples for the pantry.  I hope you find something that inspires you to incorporate healthy habits into your daily life.

Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for joining the conversation! Jess will be replying soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...