Search Our Recipes & Nutrition Information

Easter Basket & Egg Stuffing Ideas

If you're anything like me, you're scrambling to get the kids' Easter baskets ready! I spent the better part of last night catching up on some of my favorite shows and stuffing 250 Easter Eggs for my daughter, Aubrey & my niece & nephew. We're celebrating Easter at our house this year and I wanted the Egg Hunt to be extra special, hence the 250 eggs! 

During the holidays it's easy to feel torn when it comes to celebrating family traditions. Easter is most widely recognized for the candy! Although in our household it's a very special time for us to remember what Jesus did for us on this day, but at the end of the remembrance my daughter wants to know - "Where's the candy!" So, this year I have changed up our family tradition and I think the kids are still going to really enjoy it! 

Instead of simply loading Easter Baskets with candy & junk food, I took a trip to our local Dollar Store to stock up on egg "stuffers".  I also purchased some larger toys (all a $1 each) to hid around the yard.  And since this is a hunt, I will also be hiding filled water guns! When you find one, you can skirt the other hunters to scare them off & get more eggs! I think it's going to be really fun!  Here's a great list I compiled to help you make this Easter fun, yet healthy!

Stickers
Seeds (plant them together when Easter is over )
Hot Wheel Cars
Hair ribbons and bows
Bouncy Balls
Erasers
Lip Gloss
Character Band-aids
Whistles (if you are brave)
Organic Fruit Snacks
Coupons (You can make them: "Good for one extra bed time story, etc...")
Playdough
Army men
Plastic Animals/Bugs
Bracelets/Necklaces
Mini nail polish
dried fruit
nuts (be careful of allergies though, if other kids will be there)
yogurt covered rasins
baby carrots (Easter Bunny food!)
popcorn

I believe everything in life needs balance, moderation & darn it we all just need to have some fun once in a while!  So, I purchased a couple large Organic 70% Cacao Chocolate Bars for each of the kids. I figure if they're going to eat candy & live it up, why not get some antioxidants while they're at it!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for joining the conversation! Jess will be replying soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...