Search Our Recipes & Nutrition Information

Great Mornings Make Great Days

All of my life, I have not been too much of a morning person. But I am finding the older I get, the more I enjoy my quiet moments in the morning before my husband and daughter rise to start their day. In hopes of getting more of this amazing "me" time, I've started automating my morning routine...and that includes BREAKFAST! One of my favorite parts of the day :)

One of our family favorites is oatmeal. Not the instant, microwaved junk, but the ooey, gooey and naturally sweet oatmeal. The kind that warms your belly and keeps you feeling good for hours. This oatmeal is a staple in our home.  But, with some oatmeal taking upwards of 15-20 minutes to make, it's not as fast as the typical American breakfast...cereal or Pop-tarts.  Again, here comes the automation :)

I am obsessed with wide-mouthed Mason jars! I use them all over in my home. In the pantry to organize my grains, nuts and flours to keep them fresh, as "water bottles" in the fridge, for our fresh juices, salads for lunch and my newest use - oatmeal.



Automation usually means quantity and with oatmeal, this is super easy! After prepared, oatmeal can be kept in the fridge for up to one full week. It seems to only get tastier with time...

Not sure which oats to use? Check out our post about the differences between Rolled vs Steel Cut!

My Morning Oatmeal
1/2c rolled oats
2 tbsp pecans
1 tbsp pepitas
1 tsp ground flaxseed
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp organic dark brown sugar or 1 tsp agave nectar
1-2 dried apple slices
pinch of sea salt
1c no sugar almond milk

STANDARD VERSION: Add all ingredients into a small saucepan. Simmer, stirring consistently. Cook 6-10 minutes until tender and creamy. Serve immediately or refrigerate for up to 7 days.

QUICK VERSION: Add all ingredients into a glass bowl.  Microwave 2-3min and serve "Instant Oatmeal" without any preservatives and much less sugar!

I am in love with agave and coconut oil, well they're both just amazing. So here are the brands I use!

I make 2-3 servings of this oatmeal and store it in my Mason jar in the refrigerator. Super easy to scoop and reheat each morning. Then I can do more of this each day...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for joining the conversation! Jess will be replying soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...