Search Our Recipes & Nutrition Information

Flourless Chocolate Chip Blondies

I wish I could take credit for this recipe because quite frankly...it's amazing! Thank you to Monique at Ambitious Kitchen for this remarkable recipe! I have fallen in love with MANY of her dessert recipes. Gluten free baking is tricky business and I don't like to mess with perfection. Try out her Black Bean Avocado Brownies too...delicious!

Now to the Blondies! I'll post the recipe here, but please visit her website and check out her recipes and photos!

Flourless Chocolate Chip Chickpea Blondies with Sea Salt

olive oil spray
1 can (15 oz) chickpeas, rinsed and drained
1/2 cup all natural almond butter or peanut butter
1/3 cup pure maple syrup or agave nectar (you can also use honey if you’re not vegan)
2 teaspoons vanilla
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/3 cup vegan (or regular) chocolate chips plus 2 tablespoons
sea salt, for sprinkling

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and spray 8×8 inch pan with nonstick cooking spray.

In a food processor, add all ingredients except chocolate chips and process until batter is smooth. Fold in 1/3 cup of chocolate chips, I like to use dark chocolate because it has less sugar but it’s up to you. Note: Batter will be thick and super delicious, so you could actually just eat it on it’s own! (no eggs!)

Spread batter evenly in prepared pan then sprinkle 2 tablespoons of chocolate chips on top. (The batter may stick to your spatula, so I like to spray my spatula with nonstick cooking spray first.) Bake for 20-25 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean and edges are a tiny bit brown. The batter may look underdone, but you don’t want them to dry out!

Cool pan for 20 minutes on wire rack. Sprinkle with sea salt then cut into squares. Makes 16 blondies.

For variations and nutrition information, visit the Ambitious Kitchen website.

2 comments:

  1. These are amazing - I never thought about using chickpeas in brownies, but these are now my favorite brownies. I try to eat healthy, now I can have a delicious treat when I get the urge for something sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you enjoy them, Diana!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for joining the conversation! Jess will be replying soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...